MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - How long should strings last?

View Single Post

Old 04-18-2006, 11:27 PM   #8
country flag Maxpowers

Maxpowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaxpowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaxpowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaxpowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaxpowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaxpowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaxpowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaxpowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaxpowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaxpowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaxpowers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long should strings last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerrySeinfeld
well if a person plays once a year, im sure they can last for years
all depends on playing time.
My mom eventually had to cut her strings cause they never broke, so I know they can last a while. What I'm wondering about is my situation, and whether or not my racket is being strung properly.

I play 5-6 times a week for 1.5 to 2 hrs at a time. As I mentioned already I'm using synthetic gut with a tension of 60 lbs. Is it normal for them to break after 3 days? I hit with my brother and he breaks the strings just as often. This gets to be very expensive and requires weekly trips to to pickup/drop off rackets, which is also a pain.

Is there a similar string that won't break as often? I tried a really thick string one time and I hated it.
Maxpowers is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote