MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 2008 Vamos Argentina Davis Cup Thread

View Single Post

Old 04-04-2006, 08:31 AM   #37
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2006 Davis Cup Thread

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/deportiva...nota_id=794456

The basic summary is that

Time to Adapt

The whole team is there in Zagreb and they are having double training to adjust to the surface as quickly as possible.

Nalle, Chela and Calleri were training in the first session and Acasuso and the youngster Emiliano Massa was there as well.

Mancini said " It seems the court is very fast and the one in the Paris- Bercy tournament is a little bit faster. The team is adapting well, working hard and so I have confidence"

Nalle and Calleri were working with Lucas Arnold an assistant to Mancini and partner to Nalle in 3 DC wins

Mancini repeated his speech about the differences between the Davis Cup and ATP. Ljubo is in very goiod form and Mancini said "Davis Cup is different and it's a great moment for a player and he has the confidence which is reflected in his results on the circuit."

They expect Ljubo to play and his doubtful participation is a strategic move to distract them.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote