MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - ¤~Davis Cup 2006: Quarterfinal against Russia~¤

View Single Post

Old 03-30-2006, 11:01 PM   #27
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ¤~Davis Cup 2006: Quarterfinal against Russia~¤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangdog

Hey, a Russian boy is only trying to attract more attention to his person and make some noise around himself . And does it quite successfully since we discuss him here… Maybe he’s chosen not the best way but he seems to be really fed up of being the least popular player of Top10. Look at his post-match words after victory over Baghdatis: “Can you tell me why I play today on center court? - No. 5? - Because Baghdatis. Everybody want to see Baghdatis. But normally not me. Not like I am No. 5.”

I’m sure frenchies will anyway be vastly more motivated than my countrymen – there are heaps of reasons for that. And at the worst they can always borrow Via’s great idea and ask Arnaud to add that his rose bandana and some orange shorts to his traditional blue DC T-shirt (or there is more original mix?) – and the victory will be in their pocket .
we should be grateful to have irina here to analyse russian mentalites for us! lol

davydenko doesn't have to look far to find more popular personalities than his... say safin?? if he's so impressed with being #5, i can't imagine what kind of talk we'll get to hear when he moves further up it's true, he likes to speak his mind. but he should know that one cannot be brutally honest and popular at the same time.

awww i hope arnaud won't have to resort to 'colour games' to maximise his chances. but do tell me that there won't be any hawkeye for this tie
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote