MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - ¤~Davis Cup 2006: Quarterfinal against Russia~¤

View Single Post

Old 03-30-2006, 05:00 PM   #25
country flag Hangdog

Hangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond reputeHangdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ¤~Davis Cup 2006: Quarterfinal against Russia~¤

Hey, a Russian boy is only trying to attract more attention to his person and make some noise around himself . And does it quite successfully since we discuss him here… Maybe he’s chosen not the best way but he seems to be really fed up of being the least popular player of Top10. Look at his post-match words after victory over Baghdatis: “Can you tell me why I play today on center court? - No. 5? - Because Baghdatis. Everybody want to see Baghdatis. But normally not me. Not like I am No. 5.”

I’m sure frenchies will anyway be vastly more motivated than my countrymen – there are heaps of reasons for that. And at the worst they can always borrow Via’s great idea and ask Arnaud to add that his rose bandana and some orange shorts to his traditional blue DC T-shirt (or there is more original mix?) – and the victory will be in their pocket .

Quote:
Originally Posted by delsa
I think that's smart of Tarpishev. That's how the 5th player rule can be used. He has a lot of good players between who he can choose. That's normal to leave the choice for the last moment after trainings on site etc...
Oh.. Nowadays people who tell good things about Tarpischev are quite unique even between fans of Russian tennis... But the encounter is going to be only more interesting since the captains use so different tactical schemes.

Nicolas Devilder

Hangdog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote