MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - ¤~Davis Cup 2006: Quarterfinal against Russia~¤

View Single Post

Old 03-30-2006, 10:02 AM   #23
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ¤~Davis Cup 2006: Quarterfinal against Russia~¤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangdog
But captain Tarpischev's words are: "I keep in my mind that according reglamation I can change the players in an hour before the match so I just want all the 5 ones [Safin, Davydenko, Tursunov, Youzhny, Andreev] come to France and I'm going to decide everything only there according the situation." Some strange machinations... Guy does everything much more nicer. But battles between France and Russia are always very special...
I think that's smart of Tarpishev. That's how the 5th player rule can be used. He has a lot of good players between who he can choose. That's normal to leave the choice for the last moment after trainings on site etc...

I think Davydenko is right. He's just exagerating a bit (maybe a little pre-match "mind games" aspect to it...) but he's just stating facts and personal opinions. I still think that would be wise of Forget to make his guys read this though and help make them hungry (and angry...)...
delsa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote