MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - James News!

Thread: James News!
View Single Post

Old 03-29-2006, 06:23 PM   #174
country flag PaulieM

PaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: James News!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream
James in the mailbag this week. A thousand to Jon Wertheim for putting this person in his/her place. James Blake is black. Yeah, and? He's also half-white. So what? I'd hate to think that Blake has attracted "fans" who are ONLY interested in his skin color (much like what the Williams sisters did). Haven't we as a society already moved on from this kind of b.s.? /end rant
well i would disagree that the williams' sisters attracted fans that were only interested in their skin color but that's besides the point. as for james, try looking at it from the other side; perhaps this person's point is that with all the negative things affecting the african american community it's great for young black kids to have people like james as role models that they can relate to, and sometimes the only way to get such positive information out is to have specific achievements by african americans heralded. but everyone reads things differently depending on their background etc. so it's fair for you to see it as "society having moved on." anyway i'm done "getting all political," it's great to see all the articles about james.

ROGER FEDERER

GROSJEAN, HENMAN, MOYA, CORIA

ANCIC, BLAKE, LJUBICIC, CLEMENT, SANTORO, BAGHDATIS, MONFILS

F-LO, DENT, PHM, MULLER, STEPANEK, PHILIPPOUSSIS

Co-Founder and Proud Member of M.A.S.H.A

"If you even dream of beating me, you'd better wake up and apologize."-Muhammad Ali

My Blog!
PaulieM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote