MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 2008 Vamos Argentina Davis Cup Thread

View Single Post

Old 03-25-2006, 02:14 AM   #36
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2006 Davis Cup Thread

First of all personally I don't give a crap who plays in the Argentine team as long as it's the best team they can field and win the Davis Cup. It's not a popularity contest.

Ok, here is the scenario Gaston has been playing like crap for quite a while. A Davis Cup tie is coming up and knowing that he has been playing like crap. Why would he be selected to play? Reputations don't win matches.

No need to forget about the last time Gaston played for Argentina when he wasn't in form. The team they have now is the best one under the circumstances and as for the next tie, whatever happens will happen.

If Gaston is playing well enough at the time to be selected, then he should be and that's the same for Coria as well. Luli is fleixble and has to be in his position to pick the right team to suit those particular conditions.

On a fast indoor court Gaston is worse than Nalle, Acasuso and Calleri and probably Chela as well. It should be about what's best for the team and not who gets the glory.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote