MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 2008 Vamos Argentina Davis Cup Thread

View Single Post

Old 03-23-2006, 11:35 AM   #34
country flag Vale

Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2006 Davis Cup Thread

http://www.sportinglife.com/tennis/n...Davis_Cup.html

Gaudio - withdrawn from contention.

SAME AGAIN FOR MANCINI

Argentina look set to name an unchanged squad for their Davis Cup quarter-final against Croatia after Gaston Gaudio withdrew from contention.

Gaudio is not thought to be in peak condition and does not relish the challenge posed by the fast surfaces in Zagreb, where the Argentina side will play between April 7-9.

That means coach Alberto Mancini will stick with the same party that hammered Sweden 5-0 in Buenos Aires, with David Nalbandian, Juan Ignacio Chela, Agustin Calleri and Jose Acasuso all set to be retained.

Mancini, in an interview with www.ole.com.ar, was in confident mood, citing last year's quarter-final appearance in Australia as a source of inspiration.

"We have a chance to beat Croatia. After what we did in Australia, nothing is impossible.

"It'll be a crucial match, but I think the key will be in the doubles match and the duels against Mario Ancic.

"I always dream of winning the Davis Cup."
Vale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote