MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - How well known is Roger in your country? (f.k.a: A question to the Americans here)

View Single Post

Old 03-20-2006, 04:22 PM   #9
country flag TheMightyFed

TheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A question to the Americans here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoes
I'm curious............How popular is Roger in Australia, France, Argentina?
I'm living in Switzerland and let me tell you that here he's huge ! People are very proud and Swiss Tv tries to air his finals as much as possible.
But in a way people get spoiled and don't realise what he's doing because it's so rare in Switzerland to have all time greats in a sport. Plus there is competition with winter sports and football.
In France Roger is famous but not that much. Since Noah tennis is not that big in France unfortunately, even some DC matches are not on TV... the fact that he speaks French helps and when he's in Monte-Carlo or Roland Garros he gives very relaxed interviews and people get to know him... hopefully, when he starts winning a few French Opens things will change !

Last edited by mdhubert : 03-28-2006 at 02:12 PM.
TheMightyFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote