MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Player/Coach Changes (Murray splits with Lendl)

View Single Post

Old 03-19-2006, 05:19 AM   #45
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Changing of the Guard

Thanks to Rosie for finding this and excuse the poor translation. I hope this is not a trend that Acasuso continues and he sticks with the team he has.

This is known as the South American dance of the coaches among the players and Chucho's and Gaston's former coach Horacio De La Peña has made some comments.

Here is the original link.

http://www.infobae.com/notas/nota.p...xSeccion=100712

De La Peña again attacks Argentinian players

The coach of the Chilean Fernando Gonzalez doesn´t understand why so many Argentinian players change coach so often. Coria Calleri Chela and Zabaleta are at the top the list.

In statements made to the cable program "Tennis Sports". De La Peña says "so many coach changes are not well regarded. In Europe they really can´t understand these attitudes.

Argentine players are not well considered in Europe because of these those changes. The statistics show that, for example, for Guillermo Coria, Spanish Jose Higueras will be coach number 8, Calleri with 9 Zaba and Chela with 7 coaches".

Gastón Gaudio and David Nalbandian have had less coaching changes. The former champion of Roland Garros had six and the present number one of Argentina, four.

De La Peña says "Beyond the attitude of the players, the coaches must earn themselves respect, I have a yearly renewable contract with Fernando Gonzalez and we both take care of ourselves and respect each other".

De La Peña last worked with Squillari in 2002 as hasn't worked with an Argentine player since then. He used to train Chucho and Gaudio among others.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote