MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The "Shameful, Andy! Shameful!" Indian Wells Thread

View Single Post

Old 03-05-2006, 06:27 PM   #38
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Fire It Up, Andy!" Indian Wells Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream
I agree Merton, I think Andy's form at Cincy last year was the last time I saw Andy playing anywhere near like the old Andy--smart and fast and powerful. He still wasn't terribly confident but he pulled through some tough matches. And of course, beating Hewitt was icing on the cake. His reaction afterwards was precious.
IMO he was playing better at Lyon and Paris in the fall, before he got hurt. At the beginning of this season he even mentioned that he felt like after the USO last year he picked it up and was being more aggressive and he was. He didn't even drop serve at Lyon, didn't do anything unnecessary to extend matches like he's been doing, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine_dream
Hopefully this week off will have given Andy some time to regroup and think about what he wants to accomplish at IW. I don't want him playing in fear anymore. It's not right.
We can only hope.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote