MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The way the tourney works

View Single Post

Old 11-15-2003, 11:05 PM   #9
country flag nitsansh

nitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond reputenitsansh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The way the tourney works

Here are the complete tie-break rules:

3.The final standings of each group shall be determined by the first of the following
methods that apply:
a.Greatest number of wins;
b.Greatest number of matches played;
c.Head-to-head results if only two (2)players are tied,or if three (3)players
are tied,then:
(i)If three (3)players each have one win,a player having played less than all three (3)matches is automatically eliminated and the player
advancing to the Single Elimination competition is the winner of the match-up of the two (2)players tied with 1-2 records;or
(ii)Highest percentage of sets won;or
(iii)Highest percentage of games won.
(iv)If (i),(ii)or (iii)produce one superior player (first place),or one inferior
player (third place),and the two remaining players are tied,the tie between those two players shall be broken by head-to-head record.
d.If ties still exist after the above procedures,the Steering Committee shall make the final determination.
nitsansh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote