MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - he's back to home and next stop unknown...

View Single Post

Old 02-21-2006, 07:27 PM   #42
country flag foolish pleasure

foolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yes he's back and good luck next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by midsommardagen
well, what's the meaning of "tesing the water" ? English isn't my native language so...

In Chinese, when useing it in internet forums particularly, "water" means saying something off-topic.
standing in awe of your english speaking abilities (and i'm being serious, not teasing )

"testing the water" isn't bad, promise

when one says "to test the water" in english (at least in american english)--it just means to see how things stand without committing to anything--so, if pim was "testing the water" in san jose, he was seeing if his shoulder was up to tournament play again...or if it needs more time...

i can't think of a metaphorical phrase off the top of my head that means "off topic" in english...
foolish pleasure is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote