MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - he's back to home and next stop unknown...

View Single Post

Old 02-18-2006, 06:40 PM   #32
country flag foolish pleasure

foolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond reputefoolish pleasure has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yes he's back and good luck next time!

he withdrew....
Quote:
Top-seeded players facing troublesome openers at RMKC
By Phil Stukenborg
Contact
February 18, 2006

Phil Chamberlain, tournament director of the Regions Morgan Keegan Championships and the Cellular South Cup, didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

And he wasn't reacting to the wintry weekend weather forecast.
He was looking at the draw for next week's RMKC, the annual ATP Tour tennis stop in Memphis that starts Monday at The Racquet Club. The CSC, the women's portion of the combined event, begins Sunday.

Chamberlain was somewhat ecstatic, and somewhat concerned, about the number of difficult first-round matches in the 32-man field.

Top seed and 2002 Memphis champion Andy Roddick drew former high school basketball teammate Mardy Fish, a top-20 player two years ago.

...BLAH BLAH BLAH....

''I think, overall, it's a pretty balanced draw,'' Chamberlain said. ''And it's a great field.''

Sweden's Joachim Johansson, the 2004 Memphis champion, made it to The Racquet Club Friday, but only to announce his withdrawal and to graciously help with the draw. Johansson is coming off two surgeries (shoulder, elbow) last year and felt he needed more time to rehabilitate after playing earlier this week in San Jose, his first tour match in more than six months.

Johansson said he would return to Europe to continue his rehab. He had elbow surgery in December.

''I want to be on top of my game for the grasscourt season,'' he said.

Chamberlain said he felt for Fish, a wild-card recipient coming off an injury-plagued season himself, drawing Roddick in the first round. Fish had two wrist surgeries last year and was limited to three tournaments after the French Open.

''It's got to be a little disappointing for him,'' Chamberlain said. ''But these guys are professionals. They take it in stride.''

On the women's side, top seed Nicole Vaidisova drew a difficult opening-round match in Viktoria Azarenka.
birte,
does the original swedish of this:
Quote:
Against the end of third set believed he that the nightmare where back.
- I might ont in the arm. But thanks and vacations each the in överarmen, not in the elbow or in the arbor where I been operated.
mean this:
Quote:
At the end of the third set, he feared that the injuries were back. "My arm hurt, but thankfully it was the forearm, and not my elbow or shoulder that I had surgery on."
?
the original is here

foolish pleasure is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote