MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Nico out for 2/3 months

View Single Post

Old 02-14-2006, 04:17 PM   #26
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nico out for 2/3 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraV
HI Kezzi

How are you doing?

I think the answer with Nico and his tournaments is that he is entering any that he can and nearer the time can pull out (no problem).

I know he is much better than he was but I still don't think he is sure himself how long he will take to rehabilitate after having to completely rest for so long.

I read a few things in the Ecuadorian press that he is getting out and about again and has started hitting tennis balls again - although it is a slow process. He mentioned Indian Wells as a possible aim although if he gets stronger quicker than that he may of course try for Acapulco.

And in answer to ms_kt, I would fancy Nico is very motivated but it may take a while to regain both his strength and stamina. He has been hit with something that would hit any athlete for 6, Nalbandian contracted HepA last year and took a long time to get over it and he is slightly younger. We have to give him time and just believe that he can.

As regards Gio, I must admit Ive been disappointed with Giovanni's attitude from what Ive seen over the last year or so. Apart from one or two results, he seems to have gone into a decline. Perhaps he is not so motivated anymore. He has certainly had his fair share of injuries but has not recovered from them mentally or physically like we would expect him to.
I'm fine, how are you?

It's great that you can keep us updated on Nico's recovery. I can't get Ecudorian newspapers here and the only thing mentioned in my newspaper was that Nico got HepA.

And I hope Nico just takes all the time he needs to get well and I really believe that his comeback will be great .