MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - More News

Thread: More News
View Single Post

Old 02-11-2006, 08:20 PM   #32
country flag Gigan

Gigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More News

Agassi/Graf Perfume

I realize tennis players like to make easy money when they can, but this press release about Andre Agassi and Steffi Graf's new fragrances just sounds ridiculous - like we've stepped into the middle of a bad romance flick. It might be better to leave the perfume marketing to the Maria Sharapovas of the tennis world.

From Strategiy: Aramis introduces two new fragrances

Introducing Aramis Always for Him and for Her, two new fragrances inspired by the real life love story of tennis legends Andre Agassi and Stefanie raf. Aramis Always for Him and for Her are modern romance captured in a bottle – telling the story of a couple’s perfect love match and their commitment over time.

“Andre Agassi and Stefanie Graf are strong, exceptional individuals and together they share passion and chemistry created from loyalty, friendship and love,” said Robin Mason, Vice President Global Marketing, Aramis and Designer Fragrances. A marriage of hearts and minds, Aramis Always for Him and for Her was designed to experience the souls of two people who adore each other. The fragrances celebrate the deepest and most unbreakable bond between a man and woman. Most people find love difficult to describe, but Andre Agassi has no problem expressing his feelings for his wife Stefanie. They met in Paris. They fell in love. It was a fairy tale come true and, years after they first met, it just keeps getting better. “We are lucky, we got to live our dream when we became professional tennis players, and even luckier we met each other because of it,” said Andre Agassi, “Stefanie and I believe in fate. Aramis Always gave us the opportunity to bottle up the powerful emotions that came with our love story and spread it around.”
February 09, 2006 in Andre Agassi, Steffi Graf | Permalink

Comments

Well, Agassi has a contract with Estee Lauder, they support his children project, so it's for something good.

http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/cgi/news/release?id=98936
Posted by: loreley | Feb 9, 2006 10:14:14 AM

Thank goodness!
Posted by: lisen | Feb 9, 2006 10:21:53 AM

what if they break up (i hope not), will they discontinue the line?
Posted by: Marlon | Feb 9, 2006 6:34:25 PM

my favourite was the bottling up their power emotions part... how melodramatic. Did the writers for Days of Our Lives / General Hospital have a hand in this?!
Posted by: Naomi | Feb 9, 2006 7:43:57 PM

Yes, it was quite funny how they linked their emotions for each other with the perfume line.
Posted by: | Feb 9, 2006 10:17:18 PM

I love Steffi to pieces, but this press release reads like a bad Harlequin romance novel. I can't believe Steffi would let something as sappy as this get authored! Ah well, with all the nastiness going on in the world, maybe we need a little "sap" now and then.

Although, I will try the perfume out to see if it's any good.
Posted by: Ally | Feb 11, 2006 11:43:26 AM
Gigan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote