MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Kiwi interviews & articles

View Single Post

Old 02-05-2006, 11:55 AM   #62
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kiwi interviews & articles

http://www.tennis.com/Tennis_Wrap_Up...p?ENTRY_ID=233

Quote:
Nicolas Kiefer
The anti-Baghdatis has issues, no doubt, but his mysterious, misdirected rage makes him a personality, too. Taking a point from Sebastien Grosjean deep in the fifth set of their quarterfinal, after tossing his racquet and potentially distracting him, went against all the unwritten, and maybe even some of the written, laws of sportsmanship. I wouldn’t have thrown my racquet in that situation—I probably wouldn’t have had the energy—but knowing the irrationality that competition can inspire, I’m not prepared to say I would have given away a point at that stage, either.
At least somebody admits he's also unsure whether he had given the point away at that moment or not if he was in Kiwi's situation

to this writer

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote