MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - James Blake is a good player but is not Slam material...

View Single Post

Old 08-08-2002, 05:58 PM   #7
country flag TennisHack

TennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: James Blake is a good player but is not Slam material...

Quote:
Originally posted by Ace Tracker
just IMHO, and I confess that I haven't followed Blake's game for long, but from what I've seen, I don't think he will ever be a force to be reckoned with in Grand Slams...a good player that will probably have a decent career and results, a la Andrei Pavel or MaliVai Washington for example, but hardly the Slam titlist and answer to Sampras and Agassi's retirement that the American Media is hopeing for...not trying to belittle the mentioned players' careers, but where Roddick's game still has lots of room for improvement, I think James is playing almost as good as he can right now...
You have got to be kidding me. This is only his second year on tour!! Of course he's not playing Slam-worthy tennis right now, but give him a few years and he could do some damage. TC had some good points with his footwork, and he also needs match confidence. He turned it on last night in the third set but couldn't get over his frustration at making so many unforced errors as well as hard serves & groundies.

You will be missed, Michel Kratochvil!
TennisHack is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote