MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - James Blake is a good player but is not Slam material...

View Single Post

Old 08-08-2002, 12:47 PM   #5
tennischick

tennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
not trying to belittle the mentioned players' careers, but where Roddick's game still has lots of room for improvement, I think James is playing almost as good as he can right now...
i disagree. both Roddick and james have room for improvement and actually James has shown more growth over the past year than Roddick. James a year ago had NO backhand. James a year later has an unreliable backhand. James next year will have a backhand with zing and consistency if he works on it. i'm not sure that he is Slam-worthy either but i think he will continue to steadily improve as he has been doing. nice discussion thread tho'.

also i entirely agree with Pea. that's exactly what i said in the live thread last night as we were discussing the game. james just seemed confused. his footwork need to improve, also his strategising and occasional shot selection. sometimes he didn't expect the ball to come back. no professional tennis player ever assumes that the ball won't come back!

ANDY RODDICK: Motivation? No. I enjoy what I do. I enjoy what I do. You know, I've never been one to, you know, blow off practice or, you know, do anything like that.

You know, I'd be lying if I said I'm looking forward to practicing the next two days as opposed to playing here. That part is gonna suck...(2010 Aegon Championships)
tennischick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote