MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Guga 2006 Schedule (first post contains updated schedule)

View Single Post

Old 01-19-2006, 04:02 PM   #11
country flag shotgun

shotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond reputeshotgun has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Guga 2006 Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
I'm a bit confused because it seems to me Guga use his protective ranking in Costa do Sauípe but need a WC for Bueno Aires the week before
It seems that the ATP is not really strict about the rule concerning the usage of the protected ranking. In theory, Guga's limit of PR entries had already expired earlier this month, but the ATP has allowed him to use it in Vina del Mar and Costa do Sauipe. There have been other cases in the tour, for example Younes El Aynaoui in the past has entered a few more tournaments with his PR than the official limit would allow him to.

My guess is that they probably allowed Guga to use it finally twice more in February, and as he had already assured wildcards in Buenos Aires and Acapulco, he decided to return the WC he would receive in Sauipe to the tournament directors and enter the tournament with his PR, so that the TDs could give the wildcard to other players (they just gave one to Moya and the remaining two will probably go to Ricardo Mello and Thiago Alves).
shotgun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote