MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Gaston time to wake up in the Land Down Under AO thread

View Single Post

Old 01-16-2006, 01:30 PM   #33
country flag Vale

Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gaston time to wake up in the Land Down Under AO thread

Hi all! Just to set your minds at rest, Gastón didn’t win because Sabau retired, he won because he’s playing great! In fact, I doubt if Sabau was injured at all, he just didn’t like the beating he was receiving, because in the second set Gastón could do no wrong. Sabau called for the trainer, just pointed to his wrist and retired.

There were lots of positive things about this match: Gastón didn’t suffer from his “first match of the tournament” syndrome, he’s serving fast and well, all his shots are working, he kept his cool, and he’s in great shape. He complained a bit when everything wasn’t perfect, but that’s just the way he is, a perfectionist! And apart from some difficulty to close the first set, he was always concentrated. Sabau just wasn’t a contender, but apart from that the Gato’s own game was excellent.
After the match he said: "It's always good to win like this. Two sets was enough, I was feeling good. I was hitting the ball great and I felt good on the court."
He looked rather miserable all the time, probably due to the fact that he hates playing in that heat, so it was funny to see him grin suddenly when he walked off the court. Then he signed lots of autographs.

His next match is against Burgsmuller, a good rival for R2.

Here are some statistics of the 56’ that the match lasted: 6 aces, 2 DF, no foot-faults, 19 winners, 11 UE, best serve 202 km, 45% BP conversions, winning on first serve 83%.
Vale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote