MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - More News

Thread: More News
View Single Post

Old 01-13-2006, 11:08 PM   #22
country flag Gigan

Gigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond reputeGigan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More News

MiamiHerald

Posted on Fri, Jan. 13, 2006
Agassi builds a future

Andre Agassi isn't ready to retire yet, but the almost-36-year-old tennis legend is making sure he will have a perfect getaway when that time comes.

Agassi and wife, Steffi Graf, in conjunction with Miami-based Bayview Financial LP, are building a luxury mountain hotel at the Tamarack Resort near Donnelly, Idaho. Tennis' first couple is not only helping finance the project, but is also involved in designing the resort's facilities.

''We purchased a home near there, and I was blown away by the area,'' said Agassi, who will open his 2006 season at the Delray Beach International Tennis Championships Jan. 30-Feb. 5. ``We've been to all the best places in the world, and this place is the perfect family destination. It has skiing, hiking, biking, a great lake with beaches and water-skiing in the summer and ice fishing and hockey in the winter.''

In the meantime, Agassi said he is looking forward to playing in South Florida later this month and again in March at the NASDAQ-100 Open on Key Biscayne, where he has won six titles. He decided to play Delray when an ankle injury kept him from traveling to the Australian Open, which opens Monday.

''It's the perfect way for me to start the season, seeing as how I couldn't be in Australia,'' he said. ``I always enjoy the conditions in South Florida, the heat, humidity, and breeze.

``My record in the NASDAQ reflects my level of comfort in those elements. My wife lived there for many years [in Boca Raton], her mother and brother, too, so we know a lot of people there and look forward to the trip.''
Gigan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote