MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Quest for #1

Thread: Quest for #1
View Single Post

Old 10-20-2003, 12:22 AM   #32
country flag J. Corwin
psychotic banana

J. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Quest for #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunk18bsb
The only reason JCF could go out of Basel (or if he does well in Basel, Paris) early would be just plain being exhausted. He doesn't seem like the type to give up - however Andy isn't either and he wants it too. Hopefully Madrid was a real wake-up call for him and it's intensified his desire to go into Basel and Paris with the intention that he had all summer long - that fire. Ferrero has nothing to defend in Paris but Roddick and Federer both have QF points - that could end up being a factor also, I guess.

From the way it looks like Ferrero played today, being tired may or may not be an issue in Basel, and it could become an issue in Paris but maybe not there either. Would depend on how he does I guess. But since his points count for Basel, he will lose points if he does not make Semis again, whereas it will not affect Andy or Federer in the same way.

How come carpet is better for Andy than the Madrid hardcourt?
Yea I agree that JCF won't tank...but along the same parallel you have mentioned, JCF did pull out of Basel next week.

Carpet generally suits Andy better because it is faster than the Madrid court. It benefits the server a bit more and Andy generally doesn't have to engage in longer rallies.

"For seven and a half years I've worked alongside President Reagan. We've had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We've had some sex...uh...setbacks."
George H.W. Bush, 1988

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
George W. Bush, 2000

15.5 - 40.5 ... 2,1,1 demolition job
(fan club spots are still open! )
J. Corwin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote