MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Masters Cup update

View Single Post

Old 10-15-2003, 06:54 PM   #6
sebgrosfan

sebgrosfan will become famous soon enough

Okay, so as it stands now there are two places left at the Masters Cup and the ones in contention are more or less:

Moya, Carlos (ESP) 421 (429 and counting)
Nalbandian, David (ARG) 358 (now 358)
Philippoussis, Mark (AUS) 321 (now 329)
Grosjean, Sebastien (FRA) 287 (302 and counting)
Schalken, Sjeng (NED) 283 (now 291)
Srichaphan, Paradorn (THA) 279 (294 and counting)

Hewitt has pulled out of Madrid and Bercy and Nalbandian has pulled out of Madrid. Also, Philippoussis has lost in the 2nd round of Madrid and so has Schalken. Seb and Scrichaphan have already made the round of 16, Moya still has to play Gaudio. That (if I'm correct) gives Philippoussis and Schalken 8 points for this tournament, Seb and Scrichaphan at least 15 points and Moya at least 8 points.

That means Seb would have to make the SF in Madrid to overtake Philippoussis in the race this week. Can be done with Spadea in the 3rd round and either El Aynaoui or Ginepri in the QF. Good draw, could be a lot worse! Does anyone know Nalbandian's condition? Is he going to play Bercy?

And if a player has a 'bye' in the first round, do they still get the points for 'making' the 2nd round?

Allez to the French gents and a big up to Tim! Further shouts out to Goran, Mr. Sampras and my two favourite former-players-turned-commentators: Johnny Mac and Boris!
sebgrosfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote