MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Player/Coach Changes (Murray splits with Lendl)

View Single Post

Old 12-21-2005, 12:36 AM   #42
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Changing of the Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun Blues
This weekend I read an interesting article on a Brazilian paper about this. It was written by Paulo Cleto, a former coach and DC captain. While the article was not exactly about this, he made a comment that in the tennistic culture in Argentina, the switching of coaches occurs more often between players than in other countries, mainly because of money and everything that comes with a ranking climb-up. When players achieve a certain level of success at the tour, they have more "bargain power" to reduce coach salaries, then if the coach is unwilling to give up on his high salaries, even if he is coaching a high-level player that could boost his coaching career, the break-up occurs.

Of course, a lot of people here will disagree with this, and I have to make clear that it's not my opinion, just an article written by a guy who knows a lot about tennis behind-the-scenes.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote