MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Agustin

Thread: Agustin
View Single Post

Old 12-17-2005, 10:44 AM   #77
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Agustin

Just for you GWH - here is a translation of your article:-

After more than an hour's delay for rain, the first match began, and it was a clash of the Cordobans, between Agustín Calleri and Mariano Puerta. Agustin won 6-3, 7-6(4).

The public were slow to arrive at the Buenos Aires Lawn Tennis Club, but received the players warmly, especially Puerta, who was making his debut at this competition and was the second favourite. The first set passed without too much excitement because the power of both players did not allow many attractive long rallies. The World Number 53 quickly broke serve in the second game, and from then on took the set without problems. Calleri was more precise, his returns were good and he made some very difficult shots. He was very reliable with his serve as he had been im his match the previous day, and thus the player from Rio Cuarto took the first set 6-3.

In the second set, the parity between the two was broken in the 4th game, when although Calleri remained aggressive, his shots were no longer so accurate, and these errors allowed Puerta to win and, after holding his own service game, he moved to a 4-1 lead. Nevertheless, Calleri took advantage of the first opportunity that his rival gave him in the ninth game and soon broke back. He then held serve with 4 impeccable serves in the one game, and thus, the set returned to equality until the inevitable tie-break. In the tie break, the champion of Casablanca committed two double faults due to lack of concentration, and that was the end of the match as Calleri did not give him any chances on his service points and eventually won the tie-break by 7 points to 4.

After the victory, Calleri said, "I felt comfortable with my game. I took advantage of the opportunities in the second Set and that is why I won!". On Saturday, Calleri will face the winner of the duel between Luis Horna and Gustavo Kuerten. From his performance here today he looks like a very soild candidate to lift the Copa Argentina trophy.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more

Last edited by *Ljubica* : 12-17-2005 at 10:50 AM.
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote