MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Eric TAINO

Thread: Eric TAINO
View Single Post

Old 12-01-2005, 01:12 PM   #16
country flag Noelle

Noelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond reputeNoelle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eric TAINO

http://www.2005seagames.com.ph/news/news176.html
Quote:
‘Dancing Netter’ confident of sweeping another gold
By Erlene Luz V. Dela Cruz

What should have been an early match turned out to be an afternoon celebration for the Filipino spectators, as the ‘dancing netter’, Fil-American Cecil Mamiit completed 55-minute win over Myanmar’s Zaw Zaw Latt, 6-2, 6-1, Wednesday, at the Rizal Memorial Tennis Center.

The win, fashioned under intermittent rain and before wildly cheering hometown crowd, sent the 29-year-old Mamiit in the quarterfinals of the men’s singles event.

“It’s just the start of the tournament, I’m just having fun. I was a little nervous out there, tryin’ to relax a little bit. The crowd definitely helped out,” said Mamiit.

The Fil-American admitted that Danai Udomchoke of Thailand will be a tough opponent to play in the singles.

“Hopefully, my partner, Erick Taino can give him a good match so we can help the Philippines for the gold and silver,” he said. “It’s likely possible (to win another gold medal) but we still have to put the ball in the court, and still hit the winners and still win the last point of the match,” he added.

Mamiit said that it was great to have the 23rd biennial meet in Manila and that he’s glad that the Filipino people are welcoming him and enjoying his games.
Mamiit can still stir the gallery by his seemingly Cha-cha dancesteps when he’s in ecstasy at a good shot. “I’m just having fun, it’s just my personality. It’s just for the crowd only, it’s not to (mock) my playing opponent,” Mamiit explained.
Eric is now in the semifinal of the singles event at the SEA Games.