MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Confirmed : A-Rod withdrew

View Single Post

Old 09-22-2003, 05:29 PM   #5
jirobkk

jirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confirmed : A-Rod withdrew

22nd September 2003

RODDICK FORCED TO WITHDRAW FROM THAILAND OPEN

Today Andy Roddick was forced to withdraw from the Thailand Open 2003 due to a right hamstring injury worsened by play over the weekend in the Slovak Republic.

The No.2 seed contacted the ATP today to notify of his disappointment that he had to withdraw because of his hamstring injury.

“In my first Davis Cup match on Friday I pulled a hamstring muscle and it continued through my match yesterday. I have been advised that I shouldn’t play tennis for the next week or two, a week or ten days, so unfortunately that means for the tournament in Thailand as well. But hopefully I will get back there next year. I will now go home and meet with my doctors, get treatment for my injury and then just relax as there is not much I can do right now. I’m very sorry I couldn’t be in Thailand this year but it is pretty much out of my control and hopefully I will be there next year.”

Roddick will now be replaced in the main draw by lucky loser Sonchat Ratiwatana from Thailand who was the first lucky loser from the qualifying draw.
Jiro's Facebook
Jiro's Multiply Homepage

My favorite players are Chris Evert and Jimmy Connors
Congrats to (Ball)Paradorn, the 2002 Long Island Champion, 2002 Stockholm Champion, 2003 Chennai Champion, 2003 Long Island Champion, 2004 Nottingham Champion and many many more.......
jirobkk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote