MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Nico's 2009 Schedule And Results- see first post

View Single Post

Old 11-18-2005, 05:22 PM   #9
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nico's (tentative) 2006 Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan
If I ever make it there - and it was a wish to go to Kitz this year but that probably won't happen now - I will definitely stop by The Londoner! Sounds fun!

I heard that Guille and David were going to do the LA swing this year. I was soooo pissed at both of them last year for missing BA. Hard enough to get the good players to go to SA without the players that live there skipping the tournaments. Of course, Fernando is going to Europe this year rather than SA...not happy about it.

Yes, Gaby will opt for Europe during the summer. And I've promised to not criticize any of his decisions this year. So keeping my mouth shut...
Well - I know this may upset some South American posters here (sorry in advance ) - but if Feña has committed to the European circuit, then I think he has made the right decision- just as I thought it was the right decision for Coria and Nalbandian last year - and - no - that is not because I live in Europe!!! For players like Nico and Gaudio it's obviously right to stay on the clay because that is their best surface and they'll gain more points there........ but at the end of the day - these guys have a very finite career (only a few years - not working til they're 60 like we have to), - so it's important for them to make as much money as possible and build a future for themselves and their families while they can - after all an injury could finish their careers at any time Hard courts are more suited to Feña's game than the clay, and if he wants to get a postion in the Top 10 for 2006 then he should concentrate on the best possible preparation for the US hardcourt touneys in Spring (Miami and Indian Wells) where he could gain lots of points. Sadly sentiment has no place in modern business and tennis is a business these days. Just my opinion anyway and sorry if I offend anyone.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more

Last edited by *Ljubica* : 11-18-2005 at 05:28 PM.
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote