MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Nico's 2009 Schedule And Results- see first post

View Single Post

Old 11-18-2005, 04:06 PM   #8
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nico's (tentative) 2006 Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
There is a pub there called "The Londoner" - everyone goes there - it is so infamous that it even gets a mention on one of the Kitz tourist board sites! Made me laugh to see David Ferrer walking around the Hotel in Madrid wearing an "I've been to the Londoner" T-shirt last month And -yes - Nico loves it there!!!!!

As for the US tourneys - I take your point and it's an interesting idea - but I doubt it will happen, because Nico is likely to accrue more points on clay than on hard courts so I think Gaby will go for that option next year. I was interested to hear that even Coria and Nalbandian - who tried the hard court option instead of clay this year (ie Rotterdam and Marseille instead of Buenos Aries and Acapulco etc) are seemingly returning to the clay for 2006.
If I ever make it there - and it was a wish to go to Kitz this year but that probably won't happen now - I will definitely stop by The Londoner! Sounds fun!

I heard that Guille and David were going to do the LA swing this year. I was soooo pissed at both of them last year for missing BA. Hard enough to get the good players to go to SA without the players that live there skipping the tournaments. Of course, Fernando is going to Europe [see posts below - its rest and US not Europe...my sincere apologies for misinformation ] this year rather than SA...not happy about it.

Yes, Gaby will opt for Europe during the summer. And I've promised to not criticize any of his decisions this year. So keeping my mouth shut...

Last edited by NicoFan : 11-19-2005 at 05:26 PM.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote