Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will join 1st title club in 2015?

Who will join the title winning club in 2015? (6 new titlists in total)

8K views 78 replies 52 participants last post by  zjtennis 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
2014 had Mayer, Goffin, Delbonis, Cuevas and Bautista all claim their first titles. How many will we see next year, and who will they be?

I reckon Thiem, Pospisil and Giraldo will do it. Maybe Janowicz if he gets his head in order but I doubt it.

Some other names in the top 100 without titles are Lu, Sock, Muller, Kyrgios, Struff, Johnson and Lajovic.

UPDATE: Benoit Paire won in Bastad, adding the tally to 6.

Code:
[B]Name			Country	Tournament	Surface[/B]
Jiri Vesely		CZE	Auckland	Hard
Victor Estrella Burgos	DOM	Quito		Clay
Jack Sock		USA	Houston		Clay
Dominic Thiem		AUT	Nice	        Clay
Denis Istomin		UZB	Nottingham	Grass
Benoit Paire		FRA	Båstad	        Clay

#38 ·
Re: Who will join the title winning club in 2015?

Thiem - Yes. I think he will get more than 1.
Janowicz - 2014 was a bad year but could easily pick up 1.
Benneteau - Would love him too but if I have to pick I'd say no.
Kyrgios - Yes. I expect a big year from him. His Serve and Clutchness is amazing for a 19 year old.
Istomin - Mad to think he doesn't have one he is awfully talented and a humble guy. Hope he gets one
Giraldo - Had a great 2014 actually seeded for the AO. He is not consistent enough though and is the reason he hasn't won a title. I'll say no.
Pospisil - Think it is just a case of can he stay injury free. If injury free I'll say yes
Coric - Yes
Sock - No
Carreno-Busta - Could possibly get a weak 250 on clay.
Bolelli - I thought he had a title. If he doesn't he won't get one.

#39 · (Edited)

Thiem - Yes. I think he will get more than 1.
Janowicz - 2014 was a bad year but could easily pick up 1.
Benneteau - Would love him too but if I have to pick I'd say no.
Kyrgios - Yes. I expect a big year from him. His Serve and Clutchness is amazing for a 19 year old.
Istomin - Mad to think he doesn't have one he is awfully talented and a humble guy. Hope he gets one
Giraldo - Had a great 2014 actually seeded for the AO. He is not consistent enough though and is the reason he hasn't won a title. I'll say no.
Pospisil - Think it is just a case of can he stay injury free. If injury free I'll say yes
Coric - Yes
Sock - No
Carreno-Busta - Could possibly get a weak 250 on clay.
Bolelli - I thought he had a title. If he doesn't he won't get one.
pospisil winning a title isnt about staying injury free its about developing a brain. he's a moron who craps his pants multiple times a match. the titghter a match gets the more likely he is to lose it and he hasnt got the game to blow people away

i think santi can win a title on clay. he would have had a great chance of winning barcelona this year if he hadnt run into a red hot nishikori in the semis.just hope he isnt to distracted with sori now.

#45 ·

Benneteau maiden title will be denied by a hawk eye overrule at a match point. Then the choke.
:unsure: I can actually see this happening. Poor Benny

#42 ·

Coric, Thiem and Kyrgios. I've lost my hope for Benneteau, I guess the only way he can win a title is to get walkover in the final.

#43 ·

Thiem, Kyrgios, Sock.

#48 ·

I think Kyrgios is nailed on to pick up a 250 somewhere. If I'm honest i think Benoit Paire could surprise a few.

#58 ·
Re: Who will join the title winning club in 2015? (Welcome Estrella Burgos)

Great stuff from the youngster Estrella Burgos representing the Dominican Republic.

#62 ·
Re: Who will join the title winning club in 2015? (Welcome Estrella Burgos)

Who would've predicted the Legend to win this year? :D

Congrats Victor Estrella-Burgos!

H1STORY

With that in note, I really, really, really hope Benneteau wins a title before he retires. I mean, look at what VEB said:

How does it feel to be holding your first ATP World Tour singles trophy?

I’m really happy to be able to win my first ATP title at age 34. I dreamed about not retiring without winning an ATP title. It is very important to every player; for me it is very meaningful, without a doubt. Quito will stay in my memory forever. I hope that this is not the first and last, and that from today on I continue to play good tennis to be able to stay in the Top 100.
Every player who reached Tour level should. There is always going to be that chance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.