MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Articles & Interviews

View Single Post

Old 11-02-2005, 08:11 PM   #65
country flag *julie*

*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles & Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by case
The article is sad. Everybody compares everybody to someone else. Mathieu gets compared to Monfils who gets compared to Gasquet who gets compared to Nadal who gets compared to Federer who gets compared to every other old player.

Mathieu is capable of holding his own, maybe not so capable of keeping his head.

Thanks for the translation Julie.

So far hes doing well in the first set! Two more to go
The medias don't really compare him to Monfils and Gasquet. I think that's himself who makes an inferiority complex. And he shouldn't. I hope the performances of the youngs will motivate him to do the same.
Every players are different... He should focus on his results.
As I said, this article is a bit harsh (but pretty true ) and if only it could trigger something in his mind...
At least, tonight it worked.
*julie* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote