MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Welcome to Lyon, Famous For Its Olympique Lyonnais, Its Quenelles and...Eléa!

View Single Post

Old 10-27-2005, 02:44 PM   #60
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Welcome to Lyon, Famous For Its Olympique Lyonnais, Its Quenelles and...Eléa!

Eléa will be sad for sure if she wanted to see Gaston win that match. But from what I saw, we shouldn't be sad. As he has never really shown he wanted that match. He has given Monfils far too many points. He's offered the match to Gaël. I can't even say Monfils played great...he didn't need to. All he had to do was to wait for Gaston to give him points. Sounds harsch but that's what happened, sadly. The begining of the match was more balanced. Gaston got broken rather early but managed to break back straight. Bringing the score back to 4/4. Hopes were still alive. But when Monfils got his 1st serve back, everything went down the drain for Gaston. He had shown frustration from the beginning. It had turned into resignation. The 2nd set was only a walk for Monfils, with Gaston not playing his tennis anymore.

Monfils has been interviewed at the end of the match. He said he was disappointed because there had been no match today. He was right...Time for Gaston to focus on Paris.