MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The Picture Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-27-2005, 03:08 AM   #2823
country flag Luna

Luna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond reputeLuna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Picture Thread

Yeah,I've found this article on GM.
Quote:
Tennis: Blue Shoestrings for Children Against AIDS
2005-10-26 13:25:51 CRIENGLISH.com

ATP players have put on blue shoestrings to show their support to UNICEF's global campaign helping children suffered by AIDS.

ATP players at Basel, Lyon and St. Petersbury tournaments have put on blue shoestrings to show their support of UNICEF's global launch of its United for Children, United against AIDS campaign.

The shoestrings symbolize that the ATP is 'tied-in' to UNICEF's goal to support millions of children affected and infected by HIV/AIDS.

World No. 3 Andy Roddick, along with a host of other ATP players wore the cyan-blue shoestrings to help raise awareness of the impact of HIV and AIDS and put children at the forefront of the global AIDS/HIV agenda. Roddick also filmed a short message to be used during UNICEF's global launch Wednesday, at the United Nations in New York.

"Having the ability to bring awareness to this on-going problem is a privilege to me," said Roddick, the winner of the ATP's 2004 Arthur Ashe Humanitarian Award, who's own charity, the Andy Roddick Foundation helps children in need.

ATP Players Wearing Blue Shoestrings:

Basel: Tomas Berdych, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Tommy Haas, Jiri Novak, Kristof Vliegen, Filippo Volandri, Alexander Waske.

Lyon: Sebastien Grosjean, Michael Llodra, Tommy Robredo.

St. Petersburg: Mahesh Bhupathi, Jonas Bjorkman, Martin Damm, Vadim Davletshin, Nikolay Davydenko, Teimuraz Gabashvili, Guillermo Garcia-Lopez, Thomas Johansson, Julian Knowle, Philipp Kohlschreiber, Max Mirnyi, Juan Monaco, Jarkko Nieminen, Mark Philippoussis, Fernando Verdasco.
(Source: ATP)

#23 Ferrero Tard
Luna is offline View My Blog!