MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Michael Lammer

Thread: Michael Lammer
View Single Post

Old 10-26-2005, 09:57 PM   #26
country flag Nathy

Nathy has a reputation beyond reputeNathy has a reputation beyond reputeNathy has a reputation beyond reputeNathy has a reputation beyond reputeNathy has a reputation beyond reputeNathy has a reputation beyond reputeNathy has a reputation beyond reputeNathy has a reputation beyond reputeNathy has a reputation beyond reputeNathy has a reputation beyond reputeNathy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Michael Lammer

Jiri Novak def. Michael Lammer 7-6 7-6

Okay today was the first time I saw him playing a match I like his game, especially his backhand but he has to improve. But he's only at the beginning of his career so he will for sure get better

Strengths:

His touching of ball - he dropshots a lot and it is often well done, though against Novak he face and experienced and doubles player, so they weren't decisive

Acceleration - backhand/forehand doesn't matter, he is able to hit the ball and make it go faster whenever he wants to. He has to improve on the length of his balls though.

Weakness:

Serve - for a pro, serving the 1st serve at around 170 km/h is really too smooth. He really has to serve faster to be able to build points afterwards. Against Novak he served only once over 180 km/h and he easily made the point... If he can improve this aspect he'll get even better than he is now

Defensive game - When he's being dominated in a point he could try to only "try to hit the ball back into the court" instead of trying to make the point himself when he's in difficulty... But that will come with the time passe on the tour

Anyway, a loss but Michael showed some fighting spirit. He didn't want to face a bad loss in front of the Swiss crowd. Keep it up Michi

Novak Djokovic | Lleyton Hewitt | Fernando Verdasco

Seat #3 on The Federer Express
Nathy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote