MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Updated : Entry List

View Single Post

Old 08-22-2003, 03:51 PM   #10
jirobkk

jirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow

Updated player list (22/8/2003)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
22nd August 2003

Scandinavians Jarkko Nieminen and Kenneth Carlsen to join Thailand Open Field

Scandinavians Jarkko Nieminen and Kenneth Carlsen are the latest players to confirm entry into the Thailand Open, the ATP World Ranking Event to be held in the Kingdom.

“Finnish No.1 Jarkko Nieminen and Danish No.1 Kenneth Carlsen have confirmed to play at the Thailand Open, which will offer valuable ATP World Ranking points,” said Mr. Chaiyapak Siriwat, Chairman of the Thailand Open Organizing Committee. “The appearance of these two top players travelling from such long distances in Europe highlights the importance of the inaugural ATP men’s professional tennis tournament in Thailand,” he added.

Just like Paradorn in Thailand, the success of the powerful Nieminen on the ATP circuit has skyrocketed the popularity of tennis in Finland, where ice hockey and football are the dominant sports. Nieminen has already reached three ATP finals in his short career and his thrilling brand of tennis has already prompted the great Bjorn Borg to say “I think he could become a great personality.”

The tall, blond Kenneth Carlsen is no stranger to the limelight having signed with a top modelling agency in Copenhagen last year. For now, modelling is still only a secondary career for the Dane as he aims to add to the two ATP titles that he has already won.

“Playing in Asia has produced my best moments in my career, where I won my ATP titles in Hong Kong and Tokyo, so I am really looking forward to competing in Thailand,” said Carlsen.

“The Thailand Open has a good number of left-handed players with Nieminen, Carlsen, Lopez and Norman now confirmed to play. Lefthanders produce wonderful shots and create some amazing angles which I’m sure will delight fans watching this great Event”, said Brian L. Marcar, Managing Director of tournament promoter and entertainment giant BEC-TERO Entertainment. “I’m really looking forward to witnessing some great matches at the first ever Thailand Open,” he added.

The Thailand Open will be played at Impact Arena, Muang Thong Thani from 20 – 28 September, 2003. Also confirmed to play are 2003 French Open Champion Juan Carlos Ferrero, former World No.1 Carlos Moya, ATP Champions Race No.1 Andy Roddick and Thailand’s own Paradorn Srichaphan.
Jiro's Facebook
Jiro's Multiply Homepage

My favorite players are Chris Evert and Jimmy Connors
Congrats to (Ball)Paradorn, the 2002 Long Island Champion, 2002 Stockholm Champion, 2003 Chennai Champion, 2003 Long Island Champion, 2004 Nottingham Champion and many many more.......
jirobkk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote