MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Indoor Season - Madrid Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-23-2005, 09:43 PM   #80
country flag El Legenda
Not a Registered User

El Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond reputeEl Legenda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indoor Season - Madrid Thread

Quote:
Iím alive, or better to say half alive Ė says Ivan after dramatic Madrid final. Ė I gave my best, all that was left. Although this wasnít enough this was a dream week. Ion Tiriac congratulated me after the match and said that only Federer and I play so easy and that if I continue like this, all should turn out all right.

- First two sets I played great. In the third, I lost serve when I had game points and failed to convert break points. Instead of 3:2 for me with the serve, it was 4:1 fro Nadal. That turned the match around. Besides, his shots got deeper, he was more and more aggressive, and he had help from the crowd. He didnít give me as many short shots as in first two sets. Fifth set? I had 2:0 lead. It might have been different if I couldíve taken break before serving. But since I couldnít, I was quite tired when I served. In the end, one tie break, where I failed to serve a single first serve is all that stood between me and 17th consecutive win and third consecutive title. Before I played Metz, I reserved tickets for Seychelles and now Iím the first reserve for Masters Cup, eighth in the race two weeks before the end of the season. My form is great. Iím satisfied and proud! Iím only sorry that I didnít make it to Top 10, I still need some ten points. It looks to me as a bad joke. But eighth in the race means a lot. Top 10 on entry is only a matter of weeks not.

Next stop is Lyon.

- Iím tired, but Iíll try to recover