MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Updated : Entry List

View Single Post

Old 08-18-2003, 12:24 PM   #7
jirobkk

jirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond reputejirobkk has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow

Updated players list:

For Immediate Release
18th August, 2003

American Taylor Dent & Frenchman Fabrice Santoro to play at Thailand Open 2003

Joining Spaniard Feliciano Lopez and Belarussian Vladimir Voltchkov to play at the first ever world ranking ATP tournament in Thailand - Thailand Open, are the big-serving American Taylor Dent and French Davis Cup Star Fabrice Santoro.

“We can now confirm Taylor Dent and Fabrice Santoro will participate at the first ever Thailand Open,” said Mr. Chaiyapak Siriwat, Chairman of the Thailand Open Organizing Committee. “The world’s top players will be battling for valuable ATP world ranking points which will determine their end-of-year world rankings,” he added.

Taylor Dent is the son of the former Australian great player, Phil Dent and former top 10 US female player, Betty Ann Grubb. The 22 year-old rising young star is one of America’s next generation of top players and in his short career has already won 2-ATP titles, including this year’s ATP title in Memphis.

The versatile Frenchman Fabrice Santoro has amassed a total of 4 ATP singles titles and 11 doubles titles. Santoro is in great form having disposed of reigning Champion Carlos Moya at the Tennis Masters Series Cincinnati last week. “I won over the defending champion, I’m just happy because I beat a great player – one of the best in the world,” said Santoro after his triumph in 3 gruelling sets.

“What fantastic additions to the Thailand Open. I’m looking forward to the raw power of Taylor Dent who last year registered the fastest serve ever at Wimbledon at 144 mph (232 kmh),” said Brian L. Marcar, Managing Director of tournament promoter and entertainment giant BEC-TERO Entertainment. “For Santoro to have won over US$ 6 million in career prize-money shows what a quality player he is. Both Dent and Santoro add to the great depth of the Thailand Open field,” enthused Mr. Marcar.
Jiro's Facebook
Jiro's Multiply Homepage

My favorite players are Chris Evert and Jimmy Connors
Congrats to (Ball)Paradorn, the 2002 Long Island Champion, 2002 Stockholm Champion, 2003 Chennai Champion, 2003 Long Island Champion, 2004 Nottingham Champion and many many more.......
jirobkk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote