MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - 6 pages Interview of Oli Rochus in Tennis Mag' (Scans!!!)

View Single Post

Old 10-19-2005, 04:40 PM   #11
Hagar

Hagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond reputeHagar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 6 pages Interview of Oli Rochus in Tennis Mag' (Scans!!!)

I love this:

"TM: You're very close to the world #1, with whom you won Wimbledon in doubles when you were juniors. What does Roger Federer inspire you with?
OR: I was 12 or 13 when i met him, and he used to cry after every match he lost (laughter). In the locker room we were telling him: "Come on Roge, it doesn't matter". I remember it as if it were yesterday. i remember a doubles match in which Xav and i defeated him. He was so inconsolable that i gave him a hug (laughter). So now when you see what he has achieved, pffff (laughter). He's an extraordinary player, and he is a fantastic guy. He's still nice with me, he's humble and very cool.
When i look at him i tell myself that i'm dreaming, he can't be the world #1 (smile). We talk and we laugh together like we used to in the past. When we were in the under-14s category, he was losing all his matches 6/0 6/0 or 6/0 6/1. Then, little by little, we started to think that the little Swiss guy was improving, so much that he gave me hammerings when we became juniors (under-16), whereas i used to dominate everyone when we were 14 and he kept losing in the qualifying draws at the time. He went from the worst under-14 player to maybe the greatest player of all times (smile)."

So there is some hope for all of us mediocre tennis players who lose a lot.
Kuerten: tennis in the shape of a heart
Ollie Rochus: the lil'man that broke Karlovic
Hagar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote