MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The Filippo Volandri cheering thread

View Single Post

Old 08-14-2003, 01:43 PM   #1
Layla

Layla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLayla has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Filippo Volandri cheering thread

I think Filippo deserves a cheering thread. He was amazing in Umag, where he reached his first ATP final and gave Moya a run for his money. He created quite a stir in Umag, and I hope he returns next year.

He is described as a serious, modest and sincere player, who is a gentleman both on and off the court, and I have to concur with that from what I've seen. He often applauds his oppenent's great shots. I find that admirable. I want all my faves to believe in sportsmanship.

I find his groundstrokes incredibly beautiful and elegant, especially his backhand. He's also amazingly fast and will return just about anything back into court. He says of himself that he is an aggressive player who likes to hit winners from the baseline, only he prefers his forehand.

Pics from Umag...

Layla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote