MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - KIWI in Moscow!!! Kremlin Cup 2005!

View Single Post

Old 10-17-2005, 10:59 AM   #93
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: KIWI in Moscow!!! Kremlin Cup 2005!

It was probably even a bit more difficult than in Roland Garros with that crowd. I really thought that the fans in Moscow are fair, it was really disappointing. I couldn't believe it when I saw that the game was suspended for ages at 4-0 and then again at 4-1. I must admit that I couldn't watch the stream with good quality, but even I could see how Andreev jumped around after his "injury" timeouts. I always heard you can take one 3min timeout each set or so, but not 5 minutes, then 10 minutes and so on.

Fitness is imo part of that game and if the 3min timeout is not enough, you have to pay for it.

Robredo took that unfair timeout last year at bp for Gaudio and won the match. I think many posters attacked him after that, but if you compare this to what Andreev did ... and Andreev is even the hero now for the majority here.

There is actually a chance for a RUS vs GER Daviscup QF. Would be nice to get a revenge there.

And I hope they behave better in St. Petersburg.

There are m any examples that a fair cheering for the home player is possible. Just look at Liberec in Daviscup few weeks ago.
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote