MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - NHL Sunday

Thread: NHL Sunday
View Single Post

Old 10-16-2005, 03:59 PM   #1
country flag coreyschucky

coreyschucky has a reputation beyond reputecoreyschucky has a reputation beyond reputecoreyschucky has a reputation beyond reputecoreyschucky has a reputation beyond reputecoreyschucky has a reputation beyond reputecoreyschucky has a reputation beyond reputecoreyschucky has a reputation beyond reputecoreyschucky has a reputation beyond reputecoreyschucky has a reputation beyond reputecoreyschucky has a reputation beyond reputecoreyschucky has a reputation beyond repute
Default NHL Sunday

NHL YTD: 23-20-2 (+.87 units)
ML: 13-11 (-2.85 units)
GL: 2-2-2 (-.13 units)
O/U: 8-7 (+3.85 units)

Got back to the plus side so I'm hoping to stay there now.

1* Minnesota Wild (-135) Over Anaheim Mighty Ducks - Includes regulation, ot and shootout

Going with the Wild here. Main reason is special teams and goaltending. The Wild rank 1st in power plays and 2nd in penalty kills heading into this game. The Wild have always been a defensive team and this year more of the same. Through there 5 games they are only giving up 2.4 gpg. I like the Ducks and think in the end they'll have a very good team but right now they just don't seem like they've put things together. If it wasn't for Joffrey Lupul the Ducks might be winless heading into this game. He was there key player in there two wins over Chicago and Columbus. Fedorov is still questionable for today's game even if he does play it will be at reduced minutes. Right now Anaheim in 8th in the league in taking penalties and if they continue to take penalties in this game it won't bode well for them. Minnesota has been solid at home going 2-1 with wins over Vancouver and Calgary and there lone loss is Vancouver in the back to back games. In net for Minnesota will probably be Rolosson who's played well and for Anaheim it'll be Giguere who has also played better of late.

1* Tampa Bay Lightning (-1) (-123) Over Washington Capitals

I was tempted to take the -1 1/2 here and get plus money but the TB offense scares me a bit here. Everyone has feasted on the Capitals poor goaltending and defense to the tune of 31 goals in 6 games. I actually think Washington has a chance at a suprise here but TB should walk away with the road win. The Lightning should win this by 2-3 goals but I wouldn't be suprised to see this being a tight game.

1* Vancouver Canucks (-150) Over Dallas Stars - Includes regulation, ot and shootout

Two very solid teams meet here. Looking for the Canucks to get some power play goals in tonights game. So far to date they've struggled on the power play but tonight they'll face a Stars team who takes alot of penalties. So I'm hoping that they'll finally start producing to there capabilities. Vancouver bounced back nicely in the 2nd game at Minnesota after being embarrassed in the 1st game. This is just Vancouver's 2nd home game of the season and they are back after a 4 game road trip. For Dallas they are 2-0 on there current road trip with tight wins against Calgary and Edmonton. This will be a tight game here and if you look at Dallas scorelines you can understand why. Every game has been decided by 1 goal so far. I just feel Vancouver is the better team between the two and at home they should get by the Stars . Cloutier and Turco will be in net for there respective teams.

Good Luck to All!!!!
coreyschucky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote