MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - James News!

Thread: James News!
View Single Post

Old 10-07-2005, 09:59 PM   #47
country flag snaillyyy
rainha (:

snaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: James News!

Agassi, Graf, Blake, Bryans Ready To Rock

By Tennis Week
10/08/2005

Andre Agassi and James Blake rocked Arthur Ashe Stadium in a classic quarterfinal that was the most memorable match of the 2005 U.S. Open. In December, the two friends will renew their rivalry on court again for a cause — after Agassi and wife Steffi Graf make their mixed doubles debut together.

Agassi will partner with the Hall of Famer he knows well — Graf — and Agassi and Blake will join forces to take on the Bryan Brothers in the Tamarack Resort's Rock-n-Racquets at Taco Bell Arena at Boise State University in Boise, Idaho on Saturday, December 3rd.

"Similar to our success in other cities, our intention is to bring this unique event to a market that typically has not had the opportunity to see professional tennis at a whole new level," Agassi said. "On the heels of our new partnership with Tamarack Resort, we felt the people of Boise would really embrace Rock-n-Racquets and we couldn't be more pleased with the overwhelming support displayed to date. Steffi and I are looking forward to returning to Idaho."

The format features three matches: Agassi and Blake will share the court in taking on 2005 U.S. Open champions Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan in a doubles match; Agassi and Graf will make their mixed doubles debut together against Blake and a partner to be determined before Agassi and Blake rekindle the fire of their classic U.S. Open quarterfinal that brought fans to their feet in Arthur Ashe Stadium as the Americans battled into a dramatic fifth-set tiebreak. Gates open at 6 p.m. on Saturday, December 3rd with play scheduled to start at 7 p.m.

"I am excited to be part of such an elite group of players," Blake said. "Andre and I had such a memorable match at the U.S. Open and it will be great to play with him once again in Idaho. This will be fun."

Rock-n-Racquets is an annual fundraising tennis exhibition that benefits theAndre Agassi Charitable Foundation. Tickets go on sale Friday, October 14th at 10 a.m. MST and will be priced from $15 to $85. Family packages and BSU student, group and USTA discounts will be available. For tickets, please visit www.idahotickets.com or phone (208) 426-1766. For more information, please visit www.rocknracquets.com.

snaillyyy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote