MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Bryan Twins

Thread: Bryan Twins
View Single Post

Old 07-16-2003, 04:08 AM   #129
country flag Leo

Leo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond reputeLeo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bryan Twins

Hey Amber. Yeah, I'll be going to the US Open this year. I'm probably going to get tickets for the day session on Labor Day (the second Monday) and hopefully a night session during the first week. If scheduling works out, I might get to see Mike and Bob play a dubs match after all, or maybe practicing on an outside court? I don't know, we'll see, maybe I can get lucky!

I first saw Mike and Bob playing on tv at the US Open in 2001 - in singles. Bob lost to Pat Rafter in a pretty entertaining first round encounter and I remember he came up with one of the points of the championship, hitting some excellent diving volleys that forced Rafter into an error on the pass. His net coverage really impressed me! And then I got to see a bit of Mike that same day as he played Agassi. Tough draws, eh? But at least it gave me a look at the twins and their games/talent. Ever since then I've been cheering them on to beat the doubles record for brothers on the ATP and was so excited when they accomplished that feat this year!

Oooh, what's this contest all about? Care to share a few details? I've always wanted to hear Mike and Bob's band. I've been hoping that they do some live concert during a tournament with coverage so I could get a sneak peek at them playing. And do you guys know who else is in the band? I once heard that Andy Roddick tried a bit of singing with the brothers' band!

Uh-oh Tinne, I'm in trouble? I guess I've been a very bad boy tricking you like that.