MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - *~*~*~* Indoor Season *~*~*~*

View Single Post

Old 09-24-2005, 11:32 AM   #49
country flag delsa

delsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond reputedelsa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *~*~*~* Indoor Season *~*~*~*

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite
Yes. A lot of them are trying not to get their hopes up, but you can feel that a lot of them are expecting a lot from him. There's even a thread "Federer et Gasquet" or something like that. There are some who even think that Richard is at the stage Federer was a few years ago and will be #1 in a few years...

Maybe it's not as bad as I made it out to be, but there's a lot more pressure on him in that forum as compared to on MTF.
I know this. Well, the starter of the thread was almost insulted if i understood it well... An anonymous (how coward) said it was stupid comparing him to Federer and that it was "intellectual masturbation" (direct translation but i think it's "wishful thinking" in English, no?)...
There is all those fearing 2006 too much too... Those whining about his lack of endurance, those regretting Benhabilès made him create for himself a "compact serve" à la Roddick and thinking he shouldn't keep going this road with his serve with Deblicker...
Those speaking about his tennis elbow.
Those saying that if he doesn't win a TMS next year it 'd mean he will be a "unsatisfied hope" like the other last Frenchies etc...Because he must "confirm".
Those unhappy about him moving to Swizerland and whining about the French taxes...
But there also praising him and very faithful. It's a big mess. Too much...Lots of pressure. Lots of pressure...
We'll have to ask Choupi and the others for reports and pics of Metz.

Last edited by delsa : 09-24-2005 at 11:38 AM.
delsa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote