MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - CHI-CHI-CHI-LE-LE-LE VIVA CHILE! CHILE vs. Pakistan

View Single Post

Old 09-22-2005, 03:21 AM   #54
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CHI-CHI-CHI-LE-LE-LE VIVA CHILE! CHILE vs. Pakistan

My response to the dissing of Nico on the general message forum just for the people here - I can't be bothered with the people in the GM section.

I personally don't care if I'm the last person around still rooting for Nico.

I've been watching tennis for years and years and years. I've seen players live, heard so more "stories" about them, and so much gossip. And btw - I can tell my own stories about players...even players that are thought to be "nice".

Most tennis players are tempermental.

Most have tempers.

And most sign autographs sometimes...and don't sign autographs sometimes. (Basically most sign when they win, they don't sign when they lose...pretty much what you would expect, verdad?).

Sometimes the players behave well...sometimes they behave poorly. (Hmmm...kind of like ALL humans... )

And they are guys in their late teens and 20s that live in a very sheltered and insular world...so yes, in many ways, they can be immature.

From what I've seen, Nico is no better...or worse...than any of them.

People have said they have seen Nico not sign autographs...oh boo hooooooooo....well, I've seen him not sign autographs too! But I've seen him sign tons of autographs in Cincy, the Pilot Pen, and the US Open. And news flash - I've seen ALL players at one time or another NOT sign autographs. Even the "nice" players don't sign autographs at times.

As for the people that judge the players...and I mean all players not just Nico...they think they "know" the players based on watching them in practice or whether they sign autographs or briefly meeting them. How absurd. And how unfair...how would people like it here if they were judged during a difficult time or bad day???????????

I go by the people that know the players best: the other players opinions of them, their families, their friends, people in tennis.

Nico is well liked by the other players, he's close to his family, has lots of friends, and I've talked to people inside tennis - and have been told that he is a very nice guy, a good guy with a good reputation. Nothing bad about him.

And let's leave dissing Nico for the general message area - and we all know what those people are like... People that are on this forum want to enjoy Nico and his TENNIS...

LOVE YA NICO...

And to be honest - I'm disgusted that I would even have to post this. Most of the people on these forums are adults - not children. These guys are pro athletes, certainly not people that should be put on pedestals or made out as heros. Heros are firemen, policemen, teachers, paramedics...the pilot that just safely landed the Jet Blue airbus in LA with screwed up front tires with 139 passengers. Not tennis players. And "adults" should know this without being told. This is supposed to be for fun, a diversion, not something to be taken so seriously.

Last edited by NicoFan : 09-22-2005 at 03:33 AM.
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote