MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The Finals: Federer v. Novak

View Single Post

Old 03-03-2003, 12:27 AM   #49
Awesome4hand

Awesome4hand has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome4hand has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome4hand has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome4hand has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome4hand has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome4hand has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome4hand has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome4hand has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome4hand has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome4hand has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome4hand has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by Sjengster
Well, I think it will go to three sets, but whoever wins I don't think the score will be that tight. It's interesting that Federer's last two wins indoors, while convincing, were not straight sets, and Novak usually came back right after Roger had given a crushing display of superiority; he took the second set in the Vienna final 6-1, but Novak managed to take the third set, and then at the Masters Cup even after bagelling Novak in the first set Federer was forced to go into a third eventually.

Also note that this is the first time they have played on outdoor hardcourt, and of the six matches they've played Novak has won the two played in outdoor conditions, at Wimbledon and in Rome. I think Roger will still take this and although it will most likely be a tough battle, I reckon he will manage to win decisively in the end.

You're spot on again Sjengster... I must admit I didn't know their head-to-head record... My prediction is based on form only...
However, we both did pick the winner...

Go Roger!! I knew this would be his year... he's really gonna give that end of year number 1 spot a really good shake if he keeps playing the way he is at the moment...