MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - Discuss YOUR tennis

View Single Post

Old 06-10-2014, 03:16 PM   #104
country flag Delusionalist.

Delusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond reputeDelusionalist. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Discuss YOUR tennis

I started around late 2010. Only recently have I begun to play tennis seriously. I'm okay, but I'm not some sort of prodigy at tennis. I am top 25 in my state, and top 200 in the Eastern Section. By the end of the year, I want to be top 100 in Eastern, and top 10 in my state. I only recently started playing USTA tournaments, so I have only 3 tournaments to defend until the end of the year. Hopefully, I keep playing well.
As for my game, I have a crushing flat first serve. (at least for my age) I serve around 90-110 mph first serve. My second serve I try to mix between slice and topspin a lot, it goes around 65-75 mph. I am working on my second serve, as it is a weakness. (inconsistent and slow) I tend to double fault 5 times a match (at the very least) My forehand has a lot of topspin, but I keep it low and deep. My forehand is absolutely better than my backhand, I can hit extreme short topspin angles, and I LOVE crushing the ball. My backhand is a lot more loopy, and I slice it a lot. I also use the old tactic of slice it low, and come into the net. I have very good reaction time, but am rather slow. My volleys are quite good, (though sometimes I become a little trigger happy and attempt a swinging volley) and my smashes are very good also, high, powerful, and extreme angle. I generally am a fast hitter (a.k.a brainless ball basher) but I have been trying to mix it up, and have been trying to get more variety to my game. (which has been helping me improve, and has been successful so far.)
Delusionalist. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote