MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - tennis autographs?

View Single Post

Old 09-09-2005, 07:31 PM   #5
alfajeffster

alfajeffster has a reputation beyond reputealfajeffster has a reputation beyond reputealfajeffster has a reputation beyond reputealfajeffster has a reputation beyond reputealfajeffster has a reputation beyond reputealfajeffster has a reputation beyond reputealfajeffster has a reputation beyond reputealfajeffster has a reputation beyond reputealfajeffster has a reputation beyond reputealfajeffster has a reputation beyond reputealfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: tennis autographs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlem08
Hello,
I'm a new member and an avid tennis collector and fan. I collect tennis autographs and I need help finding the addresses of these retired players so I can send them my autograph requests: Sidney Wood, Adriano Panatta, Brian Teacher, Budge Patty, Jan Kodes, Ashley Cooper, Johan Kriek, Ken McGregor, Sven Davidson, Mervyn Rose, Andres Gimeno, and Andres Gomez.

Also, if anyone knows where I can buy or trade for autographs of these deceased players, it would be a great help: Chuck McKinley, Yvon Petra, Rafael Osuna, John Doeg, Dinny Pails, Viv McGrath, Gar Moon, and Norman Brookes.
Don't know if you're still around, as this is an old post, but I collect autographs as well- mostly women, but have quite a few men (and a running autograph thing going with Rod Laver- I have an old instructional book from the 70s he did with Bud Collins, and each time I see him, he signs another page and dates it- have 3 years and counting). The most success I had was sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the International Tennis Hall of Fame, and they will forward it to the (private) registered address for the player you request. Be sure to enclose an international postal coupon for the return envelope for players you know are overseas. Good luck- you'll be surprised how many retired players enjoy getting these requests, and will actually take the time to write you a note.
alfajeffster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote