MensTennisForums.com - View Single Post - The Other Swiss Players Thread

View Single Post

Old 02-23-2003, 02:41 AM   #477
country flag TennisHack

TennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond reputeTennisHack has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.copenhagen-open.com/cphop...asp?nyhedsId=9

22-02-03
Carlsen to meet Kratochvil
Pless against Mamiit in the first round

No. 5 seed, Kenneth Carlsen, ranked 60, was not overjoyed after Saturday’s draw for the Copenhagen Open tournament which put him up against Swiss Michel Kratochvil (82) in the first round.

“He plays very stable from the baseline. He can also serv and volley and doesn’t have any particular weaknesses. He was not the one I would have preferred to meet in the first round, but that’s the conditions,” said Dane Kenneth Carlsen, who admits his form has been better.

“But then again, that’s also how I felt before I played Tokyo (a tournament he eventually won last year),” said Carlsen.

Kristian Pless (96) was more pleased with his first round opponent, American Cecil Mamiit (116).

“That was a good draw for me. He’s fast, but his serv isn’t intimidating, which should give me the chance to play my game from the baseline,” said Pless, who has never met Mamiit but practiced with him shortly before the draw on Saturday.

Pless had to withdraw from the tournament in San Jose in California due to a wrist injury, but for the past two days the Dane has been able to practice without pain.

Top seed Jarkko Nieminen of Finland plays Olivier Rochus is in his first round match, while seed No. 2, Australian Wayne Arthurs, plays Olivier Mutis from France. Last year’s winner, German Lars Burgsmüller, meets Austrian Jürgen Melzer in the first round.

You will be missed, Michel Kratochvil!
TennisHack is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote